Safety and Security Officer- Full-Time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Updated at
- 2024-02-20 17:00:34
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking a Human Resources Assistant whose primary responsibility is to support the recruitment process by successfully and efficiently coordinating pre-employment and onboarding requirements.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our Residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
To protect the property of Fleet Landing and provide a safe and secure environment for the Residents and staff. Report all safety and security hazards. Enforce and conduct all Safety and Security policies and procedures.
- Supports the mission, vision, and core values of Fleet Landing.
- Assures that Residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to register complaints, are followed.
- Follows all established safety procedures and precautions. Reports all unsafe/ hazardous conditions, and/ or defective equipment to Manager. Reports all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor, to Manager.
- Carries out job assignments in the manner consistent with Fleet Landing policies and procedures.
- Reports the response to emergency medical aid to Residents and staff as needed.
- Monitors all access control points.
- Secures and unsecures all doors in accordance with the policies and procedures of Fleet Landing.
- Patrols, inspects and secures the property, apartments, homes, all parking areas and walkways.
- Notifies the appropriate departments to assist the Residents or staff (Plant Operations, Housekeeping, etc).
- Assists Sales and Marketing in setting up the golf carts, opening and securing the model homes.
- Monitors, observes and conducts the following duties at the Welcome Center: monitors the center fire panel, Emergency Call system, CCTV cameras, phone calls incoming and outgoing, monitors and dispatches via two-way radio, and checks in all visitors and vendors.
- Conducts foot and vehicular patrols in accordance with the established policies and procedures.
- Enforces the Fleet Landing rules and regulations with the utmost customer service orientated demeanor.
- Conducts the Time Keeper Guard Tour System.
- Notifies the Safety and Security Supervisor and/ or Manager of critical incidents as outlined within the policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
Possesses sufficient technical knowledge of computers to be able to trouble-shoot alarm signals and problems. Must complete an approved CPR program and maintain proficiency. Demonstrates strong customer service and possesses previous Safety and Security training and experience.
Possesses a genuine interest in caring for and serving older adults while participating as a team player. Ability to read, write and speak English. Must possess and maintain a valid Florida driver’s license throughout employment with Fleet Landing.
Lift, sit, walk, climbs stairs and stoops throughout the shift. Must be able to work in varying climatic and evening/day conditions. Must be able to lift and exert up to 20 pounds on a frequent basis and up to 50 pounds on an occasional basis.
REPORTING TO WORK:
Reports for work on time according to schedule and adheres to the Attendance Policy. Adheres to the Appearance Standard Policy and reports to work in appropriate attire or uniform while maintaining professional grooming standards.
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or equivalent required. Courses in Safety and Security preferred. Basic knowledge of computer applications is required.
Experience in safety and security is desired.
Shifts may be reassigned at will at the Supervisor/ Managers discretion and the needs of the community. May be required to perform administrative duties and work different shifts including weekend and holiday coverage.
Works under the supervision of the Safety and Security Supervisor and Manager.