Make Currents Marketplace at Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story!
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
Currents is a casual & energetic Culinary environment showcasing display cooking in an open marketplace concept. Currents provides an eclectic menu of uptown casual fare for our staff, residents, visitors and guests during breakfast lunch and dinner six days a week.
We are seeking a Cook whose primary responsibility is organization to work in a fast pace environment, ability to coordinate meal preparation and presentation with fellow culinarians, and have a high degree of showmanship to work in an open kitchen setting.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
At Fleet Landing, you will find meaningful careers, great Residents, outstanding teams, a collaborative atmosphere and plenty of room to make your mark. We offer outstanding benefits, including a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and generous scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
Are you a driven, visionary and experienced culinary professional with an unwavering commitment to excellence? Do you have a passion for cultivating great teams and providing meaningful, compassionate service to Residents across the continuum? If so, be part of our future! Apply today and tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life: https://fleetlandingcareers.com/
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Understand, and be knowledgeable in cooking techniques, such as grilling, sautéing, searing, frying, broiling, braising, and stewing.
- Ability to create cold emulsifications for various vinaigrette dressings, sauces, signature condiments.
- Knowledge of a wide variety of vegetables, fruits, hearty grains, and proteins for recipe application.
- Knife skills: be able to portion and prepare items as needed for recipes to ensure proper plate presentation
- Be able to read and understand set menus and recipes, and be able to follow them with minimal assistance from Kitchen Manager.
- Able to cook in an al a carte setting, being able to keep up in a fast pace environment.
- Have the drive and determination to want to keep learning and growing as a culinary professional. Assist in creating specials, and new menu items as necessary.
- Have good communication skills, with the ability to relay information to supervisor or Kitchen Manager about ordering and station needs.
- Take pride in your appearance, ability to keep uniform and work station clean in a consistent manor is key.
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff in an open kitchen setting, personally and professionally.
Minimum Education Required:
High school education preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak English and follow written and oral directions. Technical or vocation training in Food Service or one (1) year on-the-job training is preferred.
One (1) year of experience cooking in a restaurant or similar food service establishment required.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace