Cook-Part-Time & Full-Time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Food & Beverage/Culinary
- Updated at
- 2023-05-28 16:00:05
Make Currents Marketplace at Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story!
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
Currents is a casual & energetic culinary environment showcasing display cooking in an open marketplace concept. Currents provides an eclectic menu of uptown casual fare for our staff, residents, visitors and guests during breakfast lunch and dinner six days a week, and a served brunch buffet on Sundays.
The hearth is the most involved and visible of all of the stations in the marketplace, featuring stone fired specialties such as artisanal pizzas, flatbreads, regional inspired entrees, oven baked sandwiches, pastas, and desserts.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
At Fleet Landing, you will find meaningful careers, great Residents, outstanding teams, a collaborative atmosphere and plenty of room to make your mark. We offer outstanding benefits, including a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and generous scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including chopping, portioning, and storing.
- Understand, and be knowledgeable in cooking techniques, such as grilling, sautéing, searing, frying, broiling, braising, and stewing.
- Having prior experience with a hearth oven, understanding how to maintain the temperature, clean it properly and execute menu items daily.
- Knife skills: be able to portion and prepare items as needed for recipes to ensure proper plate presentation
- Be able to read and understand set menus and recipes, and be able to follow them with minimal assistance from Kitchen Manager.
- Able to cook in an al a carte setting, being able to keep up in a fast pace environment.
Minimum Education Required:
High school education preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak English and follow written and oral directions. Technical or vocation training in Food Service or one (1) year on-the-job training is preferred.
Experience:One (1) year of experience cooking in a restaurant or similar food service establishment required.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace