Restaurant Supervisor- Full-Time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- 30 North Restaurant
- Updated at
- 2022-07-01 04:00:03
Make 30 North at Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story!
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
30 North is a fine dining environment that showcases culinary excellence with an emphasis on presenting fresh local ingredients in an artistic and refined manner. 30 North will entertain residents and guests for dinner five nights a week featuring chefs flight menus, imaginative ammuses, wine paired entrees, and freshly prepared decadents from our pastry chef. As a member of this 30 North team you will be able to sharpen your skills working alongside passionate culinarians while under the mentorship of the Chef de Cuisine.
We are seeking a Restaurant Supervisor whose primary responsibility is to partner with Chef de Cuisine at 30 North with a higher degree of service, wine & culinary knowledge.
At Fleet Landing, you will find meaningful careers, great Residents, outstanding teams, a collaborative atmosphere and plenty of room to make your mark. We offer outstanding benefits, including a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and generous scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
Are you a driven, visionary and experienced culinary professional with an unwavering commitment to excellence? Do you have a passion for cultivating great teams and providing meaningful, compassionate service to Residents across the continuum? If so, be part of our future! Apply today and tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life: https://fleetlandingcareers.com/
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Help in dining room scheduling and making sure there is enough waitstaff for a given shift.
- Responsible for training new servers in the standard operating procedures of the establishment and uses their knowledge of the menu and bar list to help new staff with any questions about food & cocktail preparation and describing them to guests.
- Have an understanding of wine varietal profiles with the ability to pair wine menu selections with Chef menu creations.
- If a Resident or guest has an issue with the food or service, the supervisor may take over and try to correct the situation.
- Formally greets each Resident/guest that is seated in designated station, provides prompt & courteous service.
- Serves meals to Residents/guests according to established rules of etiquette, working in a formal setting.
- Gives Resident/guests explanation and recommendation of featured dishes, answers questions regarding food preparation and observes diners to respond to any additional requests.
- Enter orders using POS system efficiently, accurately.
- Navigates accordingly through each screen of P.O.S. system in order to charge Resident/guest correctly & print out check for signature.
- Participates in the bussing & resetting of assigned tables.
- Ensures all the Residents/guests needs are met, plates, utensils, glasses, napkins, beverages refilled & other requests are satisfied as much as the server can.
- Maintains specific side work & ensures the total cleanliness & smooth operation of designated station.
- Have good communication skills, with the ability to relay information to supervisor or Chef de Cuisine about ordering and station needs.
- Take pride in your appearance, ability to keep uniform and work station clean in a consistent manor.
- Effectively communicate with residents and staff in an open kitchen setting, personally and professionally.
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions. Report all unsafe / hazardous conditions, and / or defective equipment to Chef de Cuisine. Report all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor, to Manager.
- Preform cleaning duties on a daily basis, as well as scheduled cleaning duties
- Work with other team members to ensure all service areas are cleaned and organized on a daily basis.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor or chef.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Fleet Landing.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within Fleet Landing.
- Performs administrative requirements as needed, such as necessary forms and reports.
- Maintain confidentiality of all pertinent resident information to assure resident rights are protected.
- Able to effectively communicate with dining staff on a daily basis.
- Attend and participate in in-service programs and meetings as required.
- Assure that Residents rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to register complaints, are followed.
Minimum Education Required:
High school education preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak English and follow written and oral directions. Technical or vocation training in Food Service or one (1) year on-the-job training is preferred.
At least one (2) years of experience serving in a fine dining establishment required.
Hours may vary on certain days to meet the dining needs of Fleet Landing residents. May need to attend in-service training of Front of House staff. Must be able to work long hours, nights, weekends and holidays.
Reports to the Kitchen Manager, Chef de Cuisine, or Supervisor on duty.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace