Skilled Nursing RN- 6 Month Assignment- $47/hr
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Skilled Nursing
- Updated at
- 2022-07-01 04:00:03
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse whose primary responsibility is to provide professional supervisory nursing practice and control the quality of Resident care within the Health Center maintaining the standards of Fleet Landing and maintaining compliance with State and Federal guidelines.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
1. Supports the mission, vision, and core values of Fleet Landing.
2. Assures that Residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to register complaints, are followed.
3. Follows all established safety procedures and precautions. Reports all unsafe/ hazardous conditions, and/ or defective equipment to Manager. Reports all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor, to Manager.
4. Direct the day-to-day functions of the nursing activities in accordance with current rules, regulations and guidelines.
5. Participate in development and maintenance of policies and procedures, and ensure that they are followed by nursing staff.
6. Assist in developing methods for coordination of nursing services and ensure the staff is following their respective job descriptions.
7. Perform all administrative duties as listed in the extensive job description of record.
8. Participate in inspections, make recommendations, hold meetings with staff and interpret policies to staff, Residents and visitors.
9. Attend various committee meetings, assist in preparation of programs and activities and implement recommendations.
10. Ensure that a sufficient number of licensed practical and/or registered nurses are available for your tour of duty to ensure that quality care is maintained.
11. Develop work assignments, delegate to the Staff Nurse, and make daily rounds, review complaints and grievances.
12. Maintain good working rapport with personnel.
13. Participate in determining your shifts staffing requirements, staff member performance evaluations and making recommendations on dismissals, and transfers.
14. Inform nursing staff of new admissions and greet newly admitted Residents.
15. Review nurse’s notes, make rounds, daily Resident visits and perform medication and treatment schedules.
16. Review MAR’s and TAR’s for completeness.
17. Inspect nursing service treatment areas.
18. Consult with Resident’s physician and notify Resident’s attending physician and next-of-kin when there is a change in Resident’s condition.
19. Provide direct nursing care as necessary. Start IVs , obtain sputum, urine and other lab tests, and authorize use of restraints in emergency situations.
20. Make independent decisions
21. Keep Director of Nursing informed in any change in status or pertinent situations that arise in the Health Center.
22. Assure stock level is adequate and recommend equipment and supply needs to the Director.
23. Participate in development for the safe operation of the Health Center equipment.
24. Participate in the development of written preliminary and comprehensive assessments of the nursing needs of each Resident as necessary.
25. Participate in the development of a written plan of care for each Resident, review and make changes when necessary.
26. Keep abreast of economic conditions, and recommend to the Director adjustments.
27. Maintain confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA standards, monitor nursing care, ensure that the nursing care provides privacy, and staff is knowledgeable of the Resident’s rights. Review complaints and grievances and make written report to the Director.
28. .The above mentioned tasks are not inclusive and the Charge Nurse will be expected to adhere to the policies and procedures of the Health Center and the job description.
29. Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
- Must be a Registered Nurse. Must hold a valid license for the state of Florida or show proof of an application for such. Current CPR certification.
- Must have knowledge of all phases of nursing care to Residents and previous experience in a convalescent home, skilled nursing facility, or general hospital with supervisory or charge nurse abilities. Some experience in geriatrics is preferable.
- Must be able to successfully maintain established competencies for the position. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace