Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader (part-time)
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Updated at
- 2022-07-01 04:00:03
To be fully considered for this position, please follow the process below:
- Interested clergy are requested to complete a Fleet Landing employment application ( www.fleetlandingcareers.com ) and to submit a letter of interest that addresses:
- Current Position
- Educational Background
- Relevant clergy experience
- Denominational status
- Statement of Faith and how applicant’s experience will support residents of a Continuing Care Retirement Community
- Names and contact information for two references
- Submit the letter of interest to:
Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader Call Committee
c/o Monica Cote
5705 Vega Circle
Atlantic Beach, FL 32233
Please direct any questions to Monica Cote at 520-591-0107,email@example.com
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
Fleet Landing in Atlantic Beach Florida, a not-for-profit Continuing Care Retirement Community, is seeking a part-time Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader to provide inter-denominational Sunday morning Word and Sacrament worship services to residents. Fleet Landing is a 32-year-old senior lifecare community in Atlantic Beach, Florida with more than 850 Residents and 500 staff members across a 125-acre Campus. Residences include independent living, assisted living, and skilled nursing. We offer extensive services and amenities to all residents, including dining, transportation, fitness and wellness programs and facilities, swimming pools, a community center and more. Residents of all denominations are welcome.
Many Fleet Landing residents attend various churches in the community that are associated with the residents’ religious traditions. The Fleet Landing Chapel provides an alternative worship experience that supports residents coming from multiple denominations. A recently retired part-time Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader presided over Chapel Word and Sacrament worship service with weekly attendance varying from 25 to 50 residents. A volunteer Worship Team of Fleet Landing residents led by a commissioned Lutheran Deacon supports the Chapel worship service with music, readings, and administration. Fleet Landing management provides administrative support for facilities, printing and copying, music licenses, and communications. Fleet Landing residents include a number of retired clergy from multiple denominations who are available to provide advice to the Worship Team
We are seeking a part-time Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader to provide inter-denominational Sunday morning Word and Sacrament worship services to residents of a vibrant Continuing Care Retirement Community. Viable candidates will be engaging leaders with clergy experience who are trained, licensed, and ordained religiously and educationally. A successful applicant will be able to work with volunteer residents to develop an inter-denominational Chapel worship liturgy.
- Plan and provide Sunday morning Word and Sacrament worship services including sermon, readings, music, and Holy Communion, and also lead special services (e.g., Christmas, Ash Wednesday, Good Friday.)
- Coordinate with the Worship Team to increase attendee involvement in the worship service.
- Facilitate opportunities with resident clergy to enhance inter-denominational worship services.
- Must be in good standing with their denominational affiliation and be able to provide certification of status.
- Master of Divinity and five to seven years of experience as clergy, or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
- Relate well and without prejudice with persons of various religious/spiritual experiences and backgrounds.
- Possess strong communication skills, including the ability to speak effectively and extemporaneously before groups of people.
- Relate to and work well and comfortably with ill, disabled, and/or elderly residents.
- Part time Position –$200 per service.
- This position is considered an independent contractor role. Therefore, the part-time Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader is not eligible for Fleet Landing benefits. The part-time Pastor/Sunday Worship Leader is also responsible for paying any appropriate taxes to the IRS and a 1099 form will be provided to the individual.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace