Pastry Cook 6AM-2PM - Full-Time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Lakeview Restaurant
- Updated at
- 2021-10-22 04:00:02
Make Lakeview at Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story!
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
Lakeview is Fleet Landings premier dining destination, showcasing its diverse, chef-inspired menu with house-made soups, made to order appetizers, ala minute entrees, and elegantly plated desserts. This 160-seat upscale restaurant features picturesque views of our lake Constellation and the natural beauty of our 125-acre wooded preserve-like campus.
We are seeking a Pastry Cook whose primary responsibility is to prepare a wide variety of hot and cold menu items specifically crafted for each of our dining concepts to include fine dining, fast casual, grab & go, health services, and catering. The pastry cook should have proven technical skills demonstrating his or her ability to deliver finished products from scratch and box scratch baking methods. This person should have strong demonstrated knowledge of baking fundamentals, time management, and be proficient in various baking techniques with a focus on quality and presentation.
At Fleet Landing, you will find meaningful careers, great Residents, outstanding teams, a collaborative atmosphere and plenty of room to make your mark. We offer outstanding benefits, including a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and generous scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
Are you a driven, visionary and experienced F&B professional with an unwavering commitment to excellence? Do you have a passion for cultivating great teams and providing meaningful, compassionate service to Residents across the continuum? If so, be part of our future! Apply today and tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life: https://fleetlandingcareers.com/
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Able to work from recipes specifically crafted for each unique outlet utilizing scratch, box scratch and convenience baking preparations.
- Having prior experience with a hearth oven, understanding how to maintain the temperature to properly execute artisanal breads and rolls.
- Detail oriented with a focus on presentation combining a variety of techniques to include proofing, scoring, plating, decorating, injecting, filling, and par baking.
- Understanding of healthier preparation methods to promote our Well-Inspired dining programs.
- Have a pulse on industry trends and baking innovation.
- Coordinate with the Baking and Pastry Lead to ensure proper inventory levels, pars, and quality are being maintained daily.
- Take pride in your appearance, ability to keep uniform and work station clean in a consistent manor is key.
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions. Report all unsafe / hazardous conditions, and / or defective equipment to Lead or Executive Chef. Report all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor, to Manager.
- Preform cleaning duties on a daily basis, as well as scheduled cleaning duties
- Assist in properly storing incoming baking & pastry products as needed.
Minimum Education Required:
High school education preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak English and follow written and oral directions. Technical or vocation training in Baking & Pastry Arts preferred but not required
Three (3) to Five (5) years of proficient experience in working with a baking team with a proven track record of success.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace