Long-Term Care LPN 7am-7pm - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Skilled Nursing
- Updated at
- 2021-05-17 16:00:30
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking a Licensed Practical Nurse whose primary responsibility is to provide professional supervisory nursing practice and control the quality of Resident care within the Health Center maintaining the standards of Fleet Landing and maintaining compliance with State and Federal guidelines.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Chart nurses’ notes in informative manner, complete required record keeping, record new diet orders, transcribe physician’s orders, and report all discrepancies to the Charge Nurse.
- Prepare and administer medications as ordered by the physician.
- Assure prescribed medication is not administered to another; Verify identity.
- Order prescribed medication, supplies; ensure adequate supply of stock medications.
- Ensure that narcotic records are accurate, dispose of drugs as required, notify attending physician of automatic stop orders.
- Notify Unit Manager of all drug and narcotic discrepancies noted on your shift.
- Notify Residents attending physician and next of kin when there is a change in Resident’s condition, consult with Charge Nurse on authorized changes, inform family members of the death of a Resident.
- Assure stock level of medications, supplies and equipment; Recommend to the Unit Manager equipment and supply needs of your unit.
- Monitor nursing procedures and care.
- Review care plans daily to ensure that appropriate care is being rendered; inform Unit Manager of changes.
- Ensure that nurses’ notes reflect that the care plan is being followed.
- Must be a licensed Practical Nurse. Must hold a valid license for the state of Florida or show proof of an application for such. Current CPR certification.
- Must have knowledge of all phases of nursing care to Residents and previous experience in a convalescent home, skilled nursing facility, or general hospital with supervisory or charge nurse abilities. Some experience in geriatrics is preferable.
- Must be able to successfully maintain established competencies for the position. Effective communication skills; both oral and written. Computer skills needed. Ability to work with others within a team to ensure quality patient care. Strong problem-solving skills. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace