Accounting Assistant (Accounts Payable) - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Updated at
- 2021-04-11 04:00:02
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant whose primary responsibility is being in charge of processing all aspects of Accounts Payable.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Assist in implementing the day-to-day accounting functions.
- Open mail, date stamp all invoices, and load into AP automation software.
- Route invoices to appropriate department heads for approval and coding.
- Code recurring invoices with appropriate general ledger account numbers to assure costs are distributed correctly.
- Ensure all invoices are uploaded or keyed appropriately into the accounting software.
- Keep track of all company credit card spending, and record payments on credit card accounts.
- Verify voucher reports, remittance, checks and journals for the accuracy of each report.
- Verify invoices for quantities received, unit prices, extensions and discounts.
- Print checks or check batches and match invoices to the correct check on a weekly basis, and as needed.
- Get proper signatures or approvals on checks or batches before mailing or processing through outside vendor.
- Void checks, as needed
- Set up new vendor accounts upon validation of W9.
- Communicate with vendors and all Fleet Landing Department’s concerning errors or questions on invoices
- Prepare monthly totals of open invoices, accounts payable, cash distributions, etc
- Run reports for month end and reconcile to the general ledger and close the month in a timely manner.
- Balances accounts payable by running tapes, verifying computer printouts, etc.
- Run 1099s, review, and distribute at year-end.
- Assist in standardizing the methods in which work will be accomplished.
- Post cash receipts into accounting system.
- Performs other duties as assigned by Manager.
General bookkeeping knowledge, the ability to understand and reconcile accounts payable reports. Must be proficient with 10-key calculator and computer data entry. Computer skills to include Word, Excel and accounting software. Must possess excellent communication and customer service skills.
Minimum Education Required;
High school diploma, business school or equivalent.
Minimum of two (2) years of experience in accounts payable.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace