Cook 10am-8pm - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Lakeview Restaurant
- Updated at
- 2021-04-11 04:00:02
Make Lakeview at Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story!
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
Lakeview is Fleet Landings premier dining destination, showcasing its diverse, chef-inspired menu with house-made soups, made to order appetizers, ala minute entrees, and elegantly plated desserts. This 160-seat upscale restaurant features picturesque views of our lake Constellation and the natural beauty of our 125-acre wooded preserve-like campus.
We are seeking a Cook whose primary responsibility is to prepare ingredients for cooking, including chopping, portioning, and storing. Understand, and be knowledgeable in cooking techniques, such as grilling, sautéing, searing, frying, broiling, braising, and stewing. Knife skills: be able to portion and prepare items as needed for recipes to ensure proper plate presentation. Have good communication skills, with the ability to relay information to supervisor or Kitchen Manager about ordering and station needs.
At Fleet Landing, you will find meaningful careers, great Residents, outstanding teams, a collaborative atmosphere and plenty of room to make your mark. We offer outstanding benefits, including a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and generous scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
Are you a driven, visionary and experienced Culinary professional with an unwavering commitment to excellence? Do you have a passion for cultivating great teams and providing meaningful, compassionate service to Residents across the continuum? If so, be part of our future! Apply today and tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life: https://fleetlandingcareers.com/
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Be able to read and understand set menus and recipes, and be able to follow them with minimal assistance from Chef.
- Able to cook in an al a carte setting, being able to keep up in a fast pace environment.
- Take pride in your appearance, ability to keep uniform and work station clean in a consistent manor is key.
- Follow all established safety procedures and precautions. Report all unsafe / hazardous conditions, and / or defective equipment to Kitchen Manager. Report all incidents/accidents, no matter how minor, to Manager.
- Preform cleaning duties on a daily basis, as well as scheduled cleaning duties
- Assist in properly storing incoming orders as needed.
- Work with other team members to ensure all storage areas (dry storage / walk-in refrigerator and freezer) are cleaned and organized on a daily basis.
- Develop and maintain a good working rapport with inter-departmental personnel, as well as other departments within Fleet Landing.
- Support the mission, vision, and core values of Fleet Landing.
- Assure that Residents rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to register complaints, are followed.
Minimum Education Required:
High school education preferred. Must be able to read, write, speak English and follow written and oral directions. Technical or vocation training in Food Service or one (1) year on-the-job training is preferred.
One (1) year of experience cooking in a restaurant or similar food service establishment required.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace