Post-Acute RN 7am-7pm - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Skilled Nursing
- Updated at
- 2020-10-30 16:00:03
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking a Registered Nurse whose primary responsibility is to supervise and control the quality of Resident care on the assigned unit, maintaining the standards of Fleet Landing. To provide professional supervisory nursing practice and control the quality of Resident care within the Health Center maintaining the standards of Fleet Landing, State and Federal guidelines.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Participate in continuing education programs including yearly mandatory in service education R/T transferring and lifting residents safely.
- Incorporate “transfer codes” policy when transferring the resident to minimize risk for injury to resident or self.
- Ensure staff compliance to transfer code policy.
- Maintains strict conformity to Medicare compliance policies and the legal requirements applicable to their function and job responsibilities.
- Ensure proper and economical use of equipment, supplies and facility.
- Acts as house supervisor in the absence of the Director of Nursing.
- Assists in orientation of all new staff members assigned to shift.
- Daily assignment of personnel, utilizing staff to maximum to meet the needs of the Residents. Ensures the presence of a LPN for each station and an adequate number of Certified Nursing Assistants to cover the needs of the Residents at all times.
- Supervises the maintenance of accurate and complete medical records for all Residents assigned to the unit.
- Observes Residents and report significant changes to the physician, Unit Manager and Director of Nursing. Informs oncoming shift of the changes, new orders, etc. Document on nurse’s notes as necessary.
- Administers Resident medications as ordered by the physician, documenting all pertinent information.
- Performs treatment for Residents as ordered by the physician, documenting all pertinent information.
- Oversees accountability for use of Resident chargeable items.
- Supervises general housekeeping and care of supplies and equipment to maintain a neat and orderly unit.
- Supervises control of narcotics and medications reporting any discrepancies to the pharmacy and the Director of Nursing.
Minimum Education Required:
Must be a graduate of an approved school of nursing with an associate degree, diploma or B.S.N degree. In addition, must hold a current valid R.N. license to practice in the state of Florida or show proof of application for such. Must participate in continuing education so that there is knowledge of current trends and development in nursing. Current CPR certification. Must be computer literate.
Two (2) years medical/surgical nursing experience in nursing home or a hospital. Experience in supervision.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace