Accounting Assistant (Accounts Receivable) - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Updated at
- 2020-07-12 16:00:02
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant (Accounts Receivable) whose primary responsibility is being in charge of recording the cost of newly-acquired fixed assets, tracking existing fixed assets, and accounting for the disposition of fixed assets; and the processing all aspects of Accounts Receivable and providing statements of accounts for Independent Residents.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Track and update the detailed schedules of company expenditures for WIP upon purchase and reconciliation to the general ledger.
- Record fixed asset acquisitions in the accounting system.
- Record fixed asset dispositions from the accounting system - Quarterly.
- Reclassify fixed assets from WIP to depreciable assets – Quarterly.
- Prepare and file the annual Tangible Property Tax return.
- Maintain confidentiality of all Resident information.
- Set up new Residents in the accounting software for billing purposes.
- Enter and post all ancillary billing for Resident monthly statements.
- Assist Residents with questions about their monthly bill and make changes if needed.
- Set up new codes for new Atlantic Club members for billing purposes.
- Make sure all departments submit all Resident chargeable chits for billing purposes.
- Maintain and prepare Resident accounts for monthly auto debits and post to accounts.
- Make sure all forms for credits are filled out to ensure Residents get the credit for billing purposes.
- Track Resident meal plan changes.
- Post cash receipts to Residents’ accounts.
- Print and distribute monthly Resident statements.
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or GED
Minimum of two (2) years of fixed asset and billing/accounts receivable experience.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace