Remodeling Technician - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Remodeling Services
- Updated at
- 2020-10-30 16:00:03
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking a Remodeling Technician whose primary responsibility is renovating repairs and gut outs of such units, which includes removal of cabinets, fixtures and flooring. Responsible for interior sheetrock repairs of residential and commercial properties. Re-assembly of units by installation of light fixtures, ceiling fans, bi-fold doors, bathroom accessories, wire shelving, misc. trim, and other various items to complete the unit. Assists Manager in coordinating activities of work within the unit and other future units to be renovated.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Start refurbishment process of units by removing and discarding existing: kitchen cabinets, countertops, bathroom vanities and tops, sinks, toilets, plumbing fixtures, closet shelving, bi-fold doors, carpet and padding, light fixtures, ceiling fans, outlet and switch covers, ceiling speakers, RA and SA grilles, window treatment, and remaining resident debris.
- Prepare ceiling surfaces for popcorn conversion. This includes but is not limited to patching holes where ceiling speakers were located and adding drywall at shower ceilings due to the conversion of acrylic shower units to walk in showers. This work requires patching with drywall and repairing with drywall mud.
- Prepare wall surfaces for painting by repairing any deficiencies in the drywall. This includes removing and repairing all cracked and loose drywall mud at the corner beads. Repair all damaged sheetrock and patch any holes. . This work requires patching with drywall and repairing with drywall mud.
- Paint the walls and trim. Prepare walls for painting by sanding existing surfaces. Prepare trim for painting by caulking, spackling, and sanding.
- Install bi-fold doors by installing top track and bottom bracket. Hang and adjust doors
- Install baseboards at kitchen and bathrooms. Measure areas for trim. Cut and install trim.
- Assemble and install ceiling fans with or without light kits and down rods as specified.
- Assemble and install all light fixtures: kitchen, dining, bathrooms, and hallways.
- Install interior door handles and hinges.
- Assemble and install various bathroom accessories such as toilet paper holders, towel rings, robe hooks, towel bars, medicine cabinets, shower curtain rods, and mirrors.
- Cut and install wire shelving and mounting hardware in the pantry, linen closet, hall closet and laundry area.
- Replace damaged electrical outlets and switches as necessary.
- Install smoke detectors as needed.
- Prepare and paint garage floor surface.
- Prepare front exterior door for painting by removing existing paint, applying bondo as required and sanding. Follow up preparation by painting door.
- Install appliances as needed.
- Order materials as needed for the completion of units.
- Assist the Remodeling Services Manager with scheduling of contractors, materials, and labor for the effective completion of the units.
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum of three (3) years of basic construction work in residential construction.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace