Painter - Full-time
- Atlantic Beach, FL, United States
- Plant Operations
- Updated at
- 2020-07-12 16:00:02
Make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story.
Filled with great stories and storytellers, Fleet Landing can change the story of your life. Find a career here, and you can add depth and meaning to your story beyond what you can imagine.
Integrity and passion drive us to be extraordinary. Since our beginnings in 1990, our dynamic and purpose-driven community has become a place where excellence abounds. No one offers a senior living community quite like Fleet Landing. From pristine campus to luxury healthcare environments, to extraordinary dining experiences, our commitment to excellence in hospitality is found in every detail. There’s nothing we won’t do to support the successful aging of those who live here.
We are seeking a Painter whose primary responsibility is to perform duties involving the application of coating materials ( i.e. paint, varnish, lacquer, shellac, etc.) on wood, metal, glass concrete and other surfaces, using brushes, rollers, spray guns, and other related methods and techniques.
WELLInspired™ - Benefits
Our residents deserve the best, and so do you. We offer generous benefits in addition to meaningful work, enriching community and a competitive salary. Full-time benefits include a generous 401k match, 90% of medical premium costs employer paid, uncapped PTO accrual from day 1, and extraordinary scholarship and continuing education opportunities.
We invite you to make Fleet Landing the next chapter in your story — and give your life new meaning. Tell us why Fleet Landing is where you want to write the next chapter in your life!
- Prepares surfaces to be painted by removing rust, dirt, old paint by sanding, wire brushing, scraping, spackling, etc.
- Applies coating materials using a variety of skills, methods and techniques (i.e. rolling, brushing, spraying).
- Reads and follows directions that explain how to mix and apply prepared solvents, how to thin and stir coating materials.
- Inspects requirements and determines most appropriate tools and painting technique to be used.
- Cleans and maintains painting tools and equipment.
- Operates machinery and equipment to clean and prepare surfaces for paint.
- Stores and inventories and paint and supplies.
- Protects all areas not to be painted.
- Disposes of unused or contaminated materials in accordance with established directions.
Minimum Education Required:
High school diploma or equivalent or trade school preferred.
Previous experience as a painter is preferred. Minimum two (2) years of experience in related position/skill.
Fleet Landing is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace